About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Council 7/17/07

We had the McDonalds ground breaking today. This is an important business to start generating commercial energy along highway 65.

The Council will be holding a public hearing on annexing 34.44 acres at the SE corner of 301st and highway 65. I have considerable issues with this annexation because it is so far from City water and sewer and the cost are quite high to bring city services to the area.

The next public hearing item is amending the City fee ordinance. I have stated by position on this topic at http://georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2007/07/isantis-fiscal-future-part-1.html.

The last public hearing item is abatement on several properties that have not complied with city nuisance ordinances.

The last item I want to talk about is interim use permits. Interim Use permits for differing commercial uses gives the City greater control and and allows for better planning practices. Any questions let me know.

No comments: