About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, July 02, 2007

Great Week Ahead

We have a busy week ahead of us. Rodeo/Jubilee Days looks be building to another great success. The Rodeo will be bigger and better than ever. For more information go to--- http://www.isantifiredistrict.org/isanti_rodeo_assc_ .

Jubilee Days kicks off with Thursday’s parade and ends with Sunday’s Ambassador Coronation. The Isanti Area Chamber of Commerce has a full schedule at http://www.isantichamber.com/ .

I hope everyone tries to sink me in the dunk tank for charity on Saturday the 7th 10am to 12pm. I will then be calling bingo 12:30 to 3pm at the Community Center.

I was at a neighborhood block party on Saturday at Riverside Park. It was a great success. Carla Duncan and the group did a tremendous job organizing and running the event with over 200 people attending. I have asked that she help me start similar events in or parts of the City.

The Council will be hosting Senator Olseen and Representative Eastlund Tuesday night at 7pm. I will be presenting the prizes for the Mayor’s Great Yard Award winners.

We will once again be dealing with nuisance abatements of numerous properties. A conversion ordinance that mandates all single family property owners need to pay full city fees if they convert to multi-family homes. This would only be allowed in appropriately zoned parts of the City.

I have asked that there be a moratorium on enforcing of an old ordinance not allowing residents from selling their vehicle in their own driveway. I believe if the vehicle is allowed by the city parking ordinance then a person should be able to sell it from their own home.

No comments: