About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Great Weekend II

I will turn back to City business in a few days with a Council update and a number of postings on the numerous fiscal issues and budget shortfalls the city will be facing. I am preparing a paper on the budget and developer fee issues. This will be published on the website http://www.georgewimmer.com/ and portions on the blog Monday night.

I want our focus this week and weekend to be on our great Rodeo and Jubilee celebration. The pig roast starts at the Rodeo grounds at 3pm today. I will be pitching in by helping cut up the meat.

Our parade tonight starts at 6:30. This family fun event is always a great success. I have the privilege of selecting a winner for the Mayor's best float award.

Friday we have the Community Pride picnic 11am to 2pm. Free lunch and kids events are provided.

I will post more on the weekend events Friday.

Any questions, comments or concerns during our Rodeo/Jubilee Days please call me on my cell phone 763-442-8749. I will be out and about the whole time and want to make sure if any issues do arise we address them immediately. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Mr. Mayor. I know you will be out and about today, but this, I guess, is just more of a suggestion for next year. (I've done a lot of searching and can't find any info - I remembered your blog and thought that might be a good way to convey).

I was really hoping that with the new bus system in place, there might be shuttles running from Cambridge to the Rodeo - and back. (Back being the most important - haha). If they could work something out for next year, that would just be wonderful! I think it would also make more people go because they wouldn't have to worry about parking or finding a sober ride home.

Thanks for listening!