About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Mora Disbands Police Department

Mora voted to disband their police department to save money. They will contract through the county.

http://www.moraminn.com/read/detail/48856.html?category_id=2&search_filter=&list_type=&order_by=&order_sort=&content_class=1&sub_type=&town_id=6

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an incredibly sad day for the citizens of Mora.

You cannot get better police coverage/protection for your city then from its VERY OWN police department.

I am thankfull that our city council and mayor are smart enough to realize that public safety is priority #1 !!

The City of Isanti has an Excellent Police Department !

Perhaps this will incourage some folks to move from Mora to Isanti!

Anonymous said...

So we can speed thru that sad little town of Mora on our way up north now?

Anonymous said...

Not quite..

from what I have heard about the council meeting in Mora last night.. The community has come out in full force making it very clear they DID NOT support this decision!

I dont blame them either... losing a Police Department is a horrible thing.