About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Water Treatment Ribbon Cutting

Grand Opening and tour of Water Treatment Facility located next to Water Tower - Tuesday October 20th at 5:30. Hot dogs, chips, and cookies will be served by City Engineer Bradly DeWolf, PE from Bolton & Menk with the ribbon cutting at 5:45.

This is an exciting day as we will no longer have to worry about the cancer causing radium or the nuisance iron and manganese. This project makes everyone safer and our community more desirable for residential and commercial growth. I am very proud we were able to accomplish this major goal to protect generations to come.

As with most major projects this one took multiple years (3) to complete. It is often very difficult to accomplish long term complex projects with changes on Council and City staff.

No comments: