About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

2006 Agenda

Open communication is the corner stone of Democracy. Citizens need to be able to easily access the governmental process. I am trying to change the dynamic of Isanti City Government. I believe that we must have a free flow of two way communication.

The city we know is quickly changing. Land is being acquired in a manner that will double or triple the population of Isanti. Our city needs to make the right decisions today to properly plan for this rapid growth and our future.

Our city's infrastructure will quickly be overburdened in the next five years, if we do not take thoughtful, measured, and responsible action today. While preparing for the future, it is essential to still retain and maintain the safety and small-town feel that makes our city great. I have already examined the possible challenges Isanti faces. The list includes:

Road Construction and Maintenance Costs
Traffic Impact
Water Capacity
Sewer Capacity
Police Protection
Fire Protection
City Staff Time
Park and Trail Maintenance Cost

We need a clear picture of the impact of Isanti's growth. Whether you plan to live in Isanti the rest of your life, or just a few years, we must plan now to control how growth will affect our property values, taxes and City fees. Isanti will grow tremendously over the next five years. With that in mind, I have laid out an aggressive agenda for 2006. This plan centers around three guiding principles:

Citizen Safety

Traffic Mitigation
Improved Policing
Mosquito Control

Economic Reform

Tax and Fee Reductions
Growing Isanti's Business Districts

Responsible City Government

Development Impact List
City Ordnance Reform
Residential Handbook
New Comprehensive Plan
Safe Guarding Distinct Isanti Neighborhoods
Board and Commission Reform

It is time to make a choice for the future of Isanti. To learn more about my 2005 Record and 2006 Agenda, please go to www.georgewimmer.com. I welcome your support in working together to preserve Isanti's traditions while planning our future.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great agenda. I hope the 3 good ole boys/girl will do the right thing and support you.

Anonymous said...

You do so much for Isanti. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I heard you are running for Mayor. I will vote for you.

Anonymous said...

What can be done to change anything? You have great ideas but the 3 old timers still control everything. I lik ethe Mayor idea. please please please say you are running for Mayor

Anonymous said...

Thank you for fighting for us. I support your agenda.

Anonymous said...

my husband and I moved here 6 months ago. I was shocked by the crime rates. I am hopeful you can get this fixed soon.

Anonymous said...

how can i help if you run for mayor. i like your agenda. run run run

Anonymous said...

those three other council people do whatever the developers want them to. I know it is hard but keep doing what is right.