About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Council Update April 4th

The City Council approved a cross walk at the intersection of South Passage and highway 23. This will provide a safer crossing for the many walkers, runners and bikers. I also hope this will have an impact on slowing the speeds of drivers coming into Isanti.

A Public Hearing was set for the Lexington Textile request to postpone their requirements of their city Subsidy agreement. I have asked staff to provide the following information at the public hearing:

  1. The amount of total subsidy provided
  2. Amount of penalty owed to Isanti if Lexington does meets its requirements
  3. If allow Lexington to alter their agreement what precedent is set
  4. Is there a standard that must be met in order to allow an alteration of the agreement
The Council approved the total amount for the past due School Resource Officer payments from the School District. The District did not state they would pay this amount only that they wanted the total amount owed. I will keep you posted.

No comments: