About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Traffic Light Approved

The County Commissioners unanimously approved the Traffic Light on 5 and 23 this morning. We now will officially have our traffic light. I would like to thank the commissioners for following through on this project.

As always I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I had spoken with several different city officials, the story was always that the traffic light was held up at the county level? What changed to suddently allow the city to move on this now?

George said...

The bid last year was let late and there was only one high bid. This year the bid was let out earlier and the cost were in line with the budget. The City of Isanti charges a Traffic light fee to developers. The City has the money in a special account to pay our share of the light cost. I hope this helps.