About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

April 18th City Council Meeting Update

The City Council discussed several items this evening. Five items I want to discuss include the approval of McDonalds, Sign Ordinance, Exotic Animal Ordinance, Sewer rates and Landmark Bank approval. The Planning Commission items that were on the agenda all passed. I have stated my opinion on some of these at:

www.georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2006/04/planning-commission-update.html

The Council approved the plans for a McDonalds at the corner of 5 and 65. There is still a possible traffic problem with direct access on County 5. The development of a McDonalds will spur further growth between 5 and Main Street. A representative from McDonalds stated they hoped the construction would be completed by the end of this year.

The Sign Ordinance was approved tonight. The two big changes is the 30 day restriction on signage has been expanded and real estate and development signs will now be limited. The goal is to no longer have dozens of signs at intersections.

The Exotic Animal Ordinance was passed tonight. The ordinance focuses on dangerous animals that can create a safety issue for Isanti.

I had asked that the new sewer rates be discussed. I want to make sure that we are tracking the revenues that are being collected. The City is collecting more money than was expected. I am hoping that we can reduce this rate soon. We need starting differentiating between commercial and residential rate structures. Commercial properties are charged the same way that residential properties are charged. I have asked that sewer rates be put on a future work session agenda.

Landmark Bank was approved to start operating out of a bank trailer off of highway 65 until their bank is completed.

No comments: