About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Goal Setting Update

The Goal Setting Session on Monday went very well. Council Member Johnson did not attend. The 3 Council Members and I had agreement on the top 5 goals for Isanti.

  1. Long Term Financial Plan (LTFP)
  2. City of Isanti Marketing Plan
  3. Increased Commercial Development
  4. Downtown/Main Street Marketing Plan
  5. Water Treatment Plant
The next phase will be this coming Monday, January 29th when we flesh out these high level goals. The Council will be briefed on the cost, time and return on investment of each of these goals.
The fresh start we have is exemplified by the change in attitude from January 2006 to January 2007. LTFP which I pushed for last year and was not worked on at all is now listed as our top project. LTFP is the tool that will let us understand and control City cost and in turn make better financial decisions that lead to economic growth and lower taxes. I have been extremely happy with the conduct of the Council during this process.
The partial presentation of our current fiscal health and debt load made by City staff has added a level of realism and the urgency to this process. I will update you with further details as they develop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am tired of council members attendance problems. they need to start docing pay or get out. It seems that Johnson is missing the most important ones too. This absence should not be tolerated. I would like to see some kind wage decrease or set a limit to the days missed a year. If voters only knew how many meetings have been missed. If you don't want to commit to Isanti and it's residents step down and let some one serv that will. Please look into this matter Mr. Wimmer. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Do the council members still get paid if they don't attend a meeting? If I remember, Johnson thought he should be paid a stipend for attending "extra" meetings. Regularly attend the scheduled meetings!

George said...

Council Members are paid regardless of attendance.