About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ways and Means Committee

It was an interesting process last night. There was a bit of filibustering during the education testimony. Passions ran high as dedicated education professionals were making their case for more resources.

Time however was running low by the time local elected officials took our seats. I abbreviated my comments to the basic tenant that I want consistency and stability in local government aid. I will follow up with Rep. Eastland and Senator Olseen on the other topics affecting Isanti.

The majority of the 20 plus legislators seemed to be looking for comments that supported their own positions rather than being open to new ideas. It was an interesting process and hopefully it will impact the state legislators process in St. Paul.

Dennis Doran of the Cambridge Medical Center and Bruce Novak of the Cambridge Isanti School District did an excellent job presenting the tough health and educational issues we face.

No comments: