About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Open Seat Update

The Council will be discussing the open seat once again at the Council meeting. The choices are either passing a special elections ordinance or making a direct appointment. I have already written extensively about this subject. I can only add the process I will use at Council.

I have asked that this item be moved to the top of the agenda. I will ask if there is a consensus for a special election ordinance with a time period less than 2 years. If there is a majority of 3 in favor of an ordinance than we will begin our debate on the specifics. If there are not 3 Council Members in favor of a special election ordinance for terms of 2 years or less than I will move to the appointment process.

The appointment process begins with what method does the Council wish to use to select the new member. Isanti has used a the interview and coin flip process in the pass. I believe if the Council chooses a direct appointment then there must be some legitimacy tied to the selection. This can only be done by using the past election as a guide.

It shall be an interesting process. I want this to be a dignified process.

No comments: