About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Council Member Johnson not to seek re-election

The County News is reporting that CM Johnson is not seeking re-election to the Council. He states in the article, http://isanticountynews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2973&Itemid=1 that he is running for the 3rd District County Commissioner seat. This is the second known candidate, the other is Gail Genin according to a campaign business card I was handed, for the seat.

So far we have one Bradford Township and one City of Isanti Candidate. The 3rd District is made up of Bradford and the City of Isanti. I would expect the list to grow and I will look forward to speaking with each declared candidate about how they will serve the 3rd District and the City of Isanti.

This will be an interesting race as the district is split by the Rum River and registered voters are relatively equal between Bradford and the City of Isanti. A successful candidate will have to make the case on both sides of the river that they can represent all of us at the County level.

Anyone that thinks they can win the district by only appealing to one area over the other will not like their results. I will now stop offering my free campaign advice to all candidates. I hope the 3rd district will be energized by this campaign season. This was one of my reasons to declare I would not seek the office a few weeks ago, so others that might be interested could move forward with their candidacy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best News Ever.....

Buh-Bye Mr. Johnson, hopefully Sue will be next.

Anonymous said...

This is not really good news. If Johnson gets the votes, he can do more damage there than in the city council if you ask me!!

Anonymous said...

who's running for city council in the upcoming election?

George said...

I only know of one announced candidate, Dan Collison. He announced last fall. I would imagine there will be quite a few. I will post as more individuals do announce.

Anonymous said...

Who's seats are up for re-election? Obviously Mr. Johnson's is one, but who else?

George said...

Johnson and Kolb are up for re-election.....

As well as I my Mayoral seat.