About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Mcgyan News Conference Update

The news conference went very well. Just watched Kare 11's report and they did a nice job. Isanti was mentioned as the location of the production facility using the Mcgyan biodiesel process. Channels 4, 5 and again 11 are to be broadcasting this event on their 5pm broadcast.

This type of project helps put Isanti on the map as a leader to a better future. I want to again thank the McNeff family and Landmark Bank for giving Isanti the opportunity to show how progressive a community we are.

I am excited that all our hard work over the past year is bearing fruit, not only in our own city but, in the eyes of the state and beyond.

Here are links to past Mcgyan post:

http://georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2007/10/october-16th-council-meeting.html
http://georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2007/10/ever-cat-press-release.html
http://georgewimmer.blogspot.com/2008/03/mcgyan-news-conference.html

Link to Ever Cat Fuels

http://www.evercatfuels.com/

Link to Kare 11 story

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=501156

KSTP story

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S371712.shtml?cat=1&v=1

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

George you are a great Mayor to have brought us such an amazing company.

Anonymous said...

Mayor Wimmer I would like to applaud you for your vision and hard work. It is leaders like you that we can all be proud of.

Isanti is lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

Mayor Wimmer you are doing a great thing by helping build a biodiesel plant. Great leadership, keep it up.

Anonymous said...

simply incredible. way to go george bringing all this great attention to Isanti. you rock

Anonymous said...

way to go George. my mom called me last night and asked me if this is the project I told her about that was on the news.

I am so proud I voted for you. like greg said you have the vision we need. I was also very happy to hear you were not leaving the city for the county commissioner seat.

stay here we need you.

Anonymous said...

thank you for bringing high paying jobs with a green technology company. A cutting edge technology company.

I am in marketing and I do not think everyone really realizes just how much Isanti's profile is being raised. We will have hundreds if not thousands of people coming to Isanti in the next couple years to look at this company.

The headline in the Cambrdige Star year of change issue said something like progress personified. Well Mayor Wimmer is that person in the picture leading our progress.

He personifies all the great movement forward. So my question is have you announced or are you announcing soon if you are running again for Mayor?

How do we get Isanti to make the Mayor position 4 years and not two? Cambridge did it last election.

Anonymous said...

George has to run ever two years. Its amazing how much he has goten done. We need to get his term longer. I am going to check into what other offices serve.

Anonymous said...

This is good for Isanti. It is nice to hear positive news about our town. Thank you George

George said...

To the several "anonymous" individuals that are trying to post negative spin on this story with half truths or blatant lies, please move on.

The post I have written and the links to Ever Cat Fuels provides all the great details of how we got to this date. Provide all the information on the Mcgyan process. to those that have concerns about the Isanti Plant you may contact me directly.

I have met with many individuals and business owners that are concerned about smell, truck traffic, water use and the amount of waste water capacity. None of these will be issues with the Mcgyan process. City staff and I have spent hundreds of hours working on this project including many trips to the Anoka test facility, talking with cities that have more traditional plants and the concerns they had to deal with, working with the MPCA and state fire marshall's office. We have worked with the rail line for a future rail siding.

I have answered the hard questions on the EDA and Council to shepard this project through.

This has been a great project that took the collective efforts of Ever Cat Fuels, Landmark Bank and the City of Isanti. Landmark introduced Isanti to Ever Cat Fuels and it was up to us to succede or fail. From the first meeting with the Mcneffs I, told them this is exactly the type of projectwe want and need and spent the next year working to make it a success.

To be where we are with the hurdles we faced is an amazing feat. This is a tremendous success for Isanti.

Anonymous said...

Just curious Mayor Wimmer, do you censor/ control the posts on the blog or do you allow all posts?

George said...

I do not allow profanity, lies, negative rumors or personal attacks, as a general rule of thumb.

If someone wants to attack me on an issue I allow that. The difficult ones are like a post that an anonymous person wanted to post on this story stating that I was about as worthless as the day is long and did nothing to bring Ever Cat to Isanti. That I would have posted and refuted because the person has no idea what they are talking about

The issue with that post was while I was being taken down they were praising someone else...rightly so...but the defense against the blatant misstatements against me might be taken as an insult to a person I admire.