About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Arts and Culture

I will be asking the Council to consider an Arts and Culture Board to handle a number of issues that have come before the City. This group would be volunteers from Isanti and receive no pay but would help with several items such as the Train Town concept, further mural development and historical buildings.

There is no specific entity in the City handling these items and it would be good to have a group of Citizens be able to develop good long term planning on how to handle these issues. We also have a future band shell/performance area planned and looking at how to preserve and market Isanti's rich history.

No comments: