About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Oil Dump

City Fire, Police and Public Works Department cleaning up the mess.


Some idiot dumped what looks like a couple gallons of oil in the water by the culvert south of Mattson Park. It has flowed south to the next culvert and we are working to clean-up the mess. The MPCA has ignored our request for help stating the spill is to small for their services. We are attempting to see to what standard this needs to be mitigated.

Either way this will cost the City thousands to tens of thousands of dollars.

2 comments:

Andy F. said...

Will this cost be added to our water bills?? Or will my $99 a month water /sewer bill for water that tastes like crap, has high radium levels, clogs my fridge water filter after about 2 weeks of service, be enough?

Sorry for the rant...I know you are not solely responsible for this. But is none the less frustrating that I cannot drink the water, and then in the summer cannot water my lawn, trees, or flowers, or I will be paying a $200 water/sewer bill and that is if I am allowed to water on my chosen odd day........UGHHHH!!!!!!

Frustrated in Isanti!

George said...

The new water treatment plant will be online in two months and your water will be much softer and the radium will no longer be an issue. safe drinking water was promised when I first ran and you will be getting it!