About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Isanti Liquor Store Hours

I brought up the the discussion at the last Council meeting to have the Liquor store open on more holidays as other community liquor stores are. This would have the potential of adding more revenue to the City but also helping the many neighboring businesses draw in more customers. I have asked neighboring businesses owners and the Isanti Area Chamber of Commerce for their input and it is pretty strong that we should have the City Liquor store open during more holidays which is normal for retail businesses.

This is a good example of us finding ways for a win/win solution that helps the City raise revenue and also benefits our hard working business community. I will inform the Council of my discussions at the next Council Meeting.

1 comment:

Dan Collison said...

I would like to see more Isanti businesses open on Sunday. All to often my wife and I need to run into Cambridge because nothing is open down town in Isanti. I understand that some don't open to spend time with their family's. Is there another reason that drives this popular hours of operation? Not bashing anyone, just curious.