About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, February 15, 2010

LGA Cuts

Governor cuts $250 million more in Local Government Aid (LGA).... Isanti is predicted to lose roughly $500,000 in LGA and property taxes due to value reductions...... Isanti's total General Fund Budget is $3,354,073.... 15% gone.....Tough times are getting tougher...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the itemized - needs/ expenses / costs - that are factored in by a county to the state to determine how much LGA is allocated, or paid to a county? Is it based on how ‘needy’ that county is?

George said...

I can not address the county but I can answer in a general way for a City. There is a long LGA formula - http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd/pubs/ss/ssnewlga.pdf

The basics as I understand is it is based on property tax base, workers in community and a long list of other items...