About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Why Raising Isanti Taxes is Wrong


City Property Taxes (click to enlarge)

Total Property Taxes (click to enlarge)

In 2004 Isanti total property taxes - school district, county and city - were $2,756 more per $250k commercial property value than East Bethel. We have worked hard since my election in 2004 to lower our taxes to where we are today. Even though by 2009 we have succeeded in lowering this amount by 46% there is still a $1,491 gap. As you can see the City portion of property taxes are a straight line downward since my election to try to make us more competitive.

There are some saying we need to reverse course as a City and raise taxes to make up for lost LGA and property tax values. This would condemn our City to a future of commercial decay.

I will be sharing more information in the future....



No comments: