About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Dan Collison Announcement for City Council


My name is Dan Collison and I’m running for the two year seat for Isanti City Council. My wife and I have lived in Isanti for over eight years and in Isanti County for over fourteen years.  We enjoy raising our three children in the City of Isanti with all the great community events and opportunities available. My wife and I also participate in the Safe Place Program. I have volunteered for several fun events such as playground builds, tree planting in Isanti parks and coaching youth soccer. I was appointed to the Isanti Housing Task Force Committee and also run the Isanti Weekly Car Show where we raise food donations for Family Pathways and promote local businesses.  When I have free time, I enjoy the outdoors, car shows and spending time with my family.

I am currently a member of the Local 110 and have been working for another city for the last seven years. I had worked for Anoka County for six years before that. I am familiar with the operations of Public Works and Parks Departments operations, budgeting and needs. I believe that we can keep providing great services to the residents of Isanti and stay within our means. Common sense decisions need to be made with transparent government. This is a great community to raise a family, with that small town feeling. Lets keep it that way. I would appreciate your vote in November of this year. Thank you.

No comments: