About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

$54,000 Admin Assistant VS Police Officer

The Isanti City Council discussed the 2006 budget tonight. I again stressed the importance of removing the $54,000 Administrative Assistant position from the budget and replacing it with a Police Officer at a cost of $35,000 starting in July of 2006. Unfortunately Mayor Apitz, Council Member Johnson and Council Member Larson voted to keep the Administrative Assistant in the budget. I believe this is a terrible decision.

Isanti needs more police protection not another administrative position. Isanti added 3 staff positions in 2005. This is a simple case of yet another staff position vs. effective police protection. Isanti’s patrol area will continue to extend as the city grows. The new extension of the city east of highway 65 will add hundreds and eventually thousands of new residents to Isanti. We will also have a 3rd school to patrol in 2006. I feel strongly that this is a safety issue.

Police protection and effective crime prevention are critical to a safe community. We can not expect to have top level results without providing our Police Department with all the tools needed.

Our Police will continue to do their best each and every day. I will continue to fight to make sure they have everything necessary to fulfill their creed to “Protect and Serve”.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they think we will forget this by next year? The good ole boys need to stop making terrible decisions we have to pay for. We do not need more paper pushers. We need more police.

Anonymous said...

The gang of 3 once again, does what's right for them not the city. This is getting very old. What is there reasoning George? Why is a aministrative assistant more important to have? The Officers in this city do there best and I commend them, but there are days that go by where I won't see a squad car go past my house. If I notice you can dam sure bet the "Meth heads" and "juvenile delinquents" notice and take advantage of it. I have said it before and I will say it again it is time for a change at city hall, MAJOR CHANGE!!!! Thanks for fighting George!

Anonymous said...

The gang of 3 is right...they run this town like it is their little money machine

Anonymous said...

Can someone give me a little background on this "gang of three"? Like how long has this been going on and how long before a major change can be made.

Anonymous said...

The gang of 3 is mayor apitz council member johnson who has done work for Iverson and council member larson. These 3 have been beating up on Mr. Wimmer since he got on the council this year. Mr. Wimmer fights to make positive change and they are trying to stop him. They actually had this blog investigated. We will be making a change in 2006.....we have to hold on till then.