About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Giving Thanks


I want to wish each and every one of you a Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for many things in my life. I am thankful I have no fear of want. I am thankful for my incredible wife, son and daughter. I am thankful for the privilege to serve the Citizens of Isanti.

I am also thankful for the people I have met in the 4 1/2 years I have lived in Isanti. I want to point out 5 individuals that have through their tremendous efforts made the Greater Isanti Community richer.

The first two are Irene Bauer and Jill Reller. Ms. Bauer has through her tireless efforts, at many different city positions, brought dignity, efficiency and grace to city government. Ms. Bauer’s most recent extraordinary service to Isanti was as Interim City Administrator. She often put in 12 and 14 hour days. This is government service at its finest.
Jill Reller has given her time and talents to many charitable efforts. Ms Reller can always be counted on to help those in need. She is truly a gift to Isanti.

I would like to thank the next three Grand Gentlemen, John Schlagel, Bill Carlson and Joe Crocker. All three bestow of their time, talent and treasure as if from a font of perpetual giving. Their individual acts of selflessness are to numerous to mention. I have seen first hand their tireless efforts in the face of almost insurmountable odds to better Isanti County.

These are but a few examples of the numerous individuals that bless our community. I believe we should take the time to thank the many people that make life better for us all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very nice of you to write such kind words about these people.

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet thing to say