About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Isanti Annual Police Report


The Isanti Annual Police Report for 2005 has been completed and is available to the public. I have posted a number of the key statistics for the City of Isanti. The previous statistics I shared with you revealed Isanti County’s crime data.

I was happy to see Criminal Sexual Conduct has declined. The other key criminal statistics had dramatic increases. This report will now be updated monthly and available to the public. I believe providing as much information as possible to the public is critically important to making educated decisions on Isanti's priorities. I have served on the Police Commission and worked with Chief Sager to develop monthly reporting tools. This is one of several issues that the Police Commission has been working on.

This data once again shows the need for more policing in the City of Isanti. Our current police force has increased the miles they drive on patrol by 29%. These Officers are working hard. We need to give them the tools and resources needed to succeed.

No comments: