About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sign Ordinance Sub-Committee 1/26/06 Update

The sub-committee met this morning and made progress on permanent signs. We have also discussed differentiating commercial/industrial and residential development signage. Progress has also been made with temporary signs. We will hopefully have draft language at the February 1st meeting.

Residential real-estate and development signage has been an issue of concern. We need to balance the business need with resident safety and aesthetic appeal. We discussed 1 larger sign per development and 1 information yard sign per lot. Real estate signage would allow two direction and 1 yard sign per home being sold. These are just two examples of the working process to date. IF you have any concerns or suggestions please let me know.

No comments: