About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Sign Ordinance

The Planning Commission will be discussing revising the Sign Ordinance at the Tuesday January 10th meeting. This meeting is 7pm at Isanti City Hall. I encourage everyone to attend. I will be proposing a 6 step process over 3 months to correct this issue.

1st. The Planning Commission will adopt a draft Ordinance at the January meeting.

2nd This Draft will then be disseminated to the Business Community.

3rd All comments will then be due back in time for the February Planning Commission meeting.

4th The Planning Commission will then incorporate these comments into the process.

5th The Planning Commission will then recommend the Draft Ordinance to City Council at the March Planning Commission meeting.

6th The City Council will then approve or deny the Draft Ordinance at the last Council meeting in March.

I will also recommend that there be a 3 month moratorium on the current ordnance enforcement unless there is an egregious situation.

This is an outline of the process I will be recommending. I am but one vote on the Commission and Council and do not speak for either body. Whether you agree or disagree with this process I hope you attend the Planning Commission meeting. An ordinance can be created that fosters a strong Business Community while maintaining the aesthetic appeal of Isanti. Please send me any comments or concerns you may have. Thank you for your time.

No comments: