About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Yearly Appointments

The Isanti City Council did not make its yearly appointments to Boards and Commissions on January 3rd. This was decided by city staff and the Mayor. These appointments to Boards and Commissions are always made at the first City Council Meeting of the year. This includes the EDA and Planning Commission which have been the focus of some controversy in 2005.

The decision to move this to the next meeting was made because the Mayor and Council Member Johnson would be absent. This appears to have been done to make sure that appointments would be only made when the "correct" votes were available.

This manipulation of the agenda due to members’ absence should not be tolerated. I doubt if I was going to be gone I would receive the same privilege. Why are these two given such special power and consideration? I was not aware they would be gone until they did not show up at the meeting. Council Member Larson and city staff knew days, if not weeks earlier.

If Mayor Apitz and Council Member Johnson did not want to miss the yearly appointments vote then they should have made the Council Meeting a priority.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those crooks have got to go

Anonymous said...

Why are they allowed to do this. Those 3 should quite. I wish we could recall them.