About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

2007 Street Improvement Update.

The 2007 Street Improvement Project was voted down again last night. After much debate I was unable to convince the Mayor and Council members Johnson and Larson that county 23 and 5 needed sidewalks more than low traffic City side streets. I offered a comprimise resolution which would have passed all the needed sewer and street construction and left the sidewalks out. This failed on a 2-3 vote.

I am disappointed that we could not pass the needed sewer replacements. I hope to take this up again in January.

No comments: