About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Items from the December 5th Council Meeting

The City Council will be discussing the proposed 2007 Street Improvement Project again at Tuesday's Council meeting. I will ask that the $126,000 proposed for the sidewalks in this low traffic area be spent for sidewalks and trails along County 5 and 23. I am hopeful we can reach a compromise on this subject so the street project may move forward to replace the last portions of clay sewer pipe in the City.

We will also be discussing the proposed pedestrian bridge. The Park and Recreation Board, which I chair, has asked the Council to approve our selection of option 7a. This option places the bridge on the north side of Broadway and the corresponding ,yet to be named, new road to the east of 65. I have been working to bring a pedestrian bridge to Isanti because it is critically important to provide a safe route to cross highway 65. This project is measured in years not months and I will continue to work hard to make this bridge a reality. We will start the application process for grant money as soon as the Council approves the plan. The City portion of the bridge will be roughly 20% of the cost. The estimated total cost is 1.5 million dollars on the high end. Isanti would pay $300,000 out of the Park dedication fees. These are fees paid by developers not Isanti Tax Payers.

I will keep you posted.

No comments: