About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Truth in Taxation Hearing 12/6/06

The Council will be holding the truth in taxation hearing 12/6/06 at 7pm in City Hall. We will be discussing the 2007 preliminary budget. We will be reviewing the changes needed in the budget to cover the current 20% drop in permit revenue for 2006 alone. The implications for 2007 will have to be analyzed to make sure we are not over estimating this revenue source.

We will also be viewing a 10 minute video of "Fourteen Reasons why Property Taxes vary from Year to Year". I have yet to see the video and will be interested to see what the League of Minnesota Cities has produced.

The meeting will be a preview of the final budget adoption on 12/19/06. Hope to see you there. It should be an educational night.

No comments: