About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Isanti City Partnership

I am happy to announce the Isanti City Partnership. The ICP is a joint venture of the Isanti City EDA and the Isanti Area Chamber of Commerce. The ICP has been tasked with three City Council Goals, Increasing Commercial Growth, Strategic Downtown Plan and a City Marketing Plan. These three are all basically about increasing our business development. This includes strengthening existing businesses as well as attracting new commercial and industrial businesses. Jaysen Guthmueller, Chamber President, and I will be visiting existing Isanti businesses to explain the Partnership and get feedback on Isanti’s business climate. I hope to hear all the strengths and weaknesses we have so a strong foundation can be built for the ICP.

We will be developing an economic tool box consisting of all the financial and marketing possibilities Isanti may leverage to grow our commercial tax base. I believe strongly a business needs to provide one of the following three goals. Property tax base, good paying jobs and services our citizens need and want. We also need to remember about 80% of business growth comes from existing businesses. The point is that the greater our business growth the smaller our property taxes.

I am excited as we venture forward together to build an ever stronger business community.

As always I will keep you posted on the ICP's development.

1 comment:

Dan Collison said...

sounds like a great idea!