About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

May 15th Council Meeting Update

The three items I previously discussed passed on 5-0 votes. Abatement, City rain garden and the resolution supporting a hotel in Isanti.

We received a comprehensive overview of the proposed water treatment plant tonight and discussed a possible annexation.

The water treatment plant process is on track and we are moving forward with the preliminary work and we will get an update at the next Council meeting.

The annexation would involve the City of Isanti taking more responsibility for roads currently under Isanti Township jurisdiction. I asked that this item be tabled so the City would have time to discuss and meet with township representatives and workout any potential issues of joint responsibility. It is critically important to me that we improve our intergovernmental relationships and communication.

No comments: