About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Quote

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont

All mothers are working mothers. ~Author Unknown


"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts." ~Washington Irving


"A mother understands what a child does not say." ~ Anonymous


"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother" ~Abraham Lincoln


"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world" ~Anonymous


"No gift to your mother can ever equal her gift to you - life" ~ Anonymous


My favorite follows...

"The greatest gift a father can give his children, is to love their mother"

No comments: