About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Tree Planting


We completed the first phase of the tree install at Blue Bird Park. This was a volunteer project. We used bare root trees, volunteer labor and donated planning time from our city engineering firm to make this a success.

We saved the city thousands of dollars in the process. There were just a few of us but in a little over three hours we dug the holes, planted, mulched and watered the 24 trees. The trees are small in stature today but will grow over the years to provide the much needed shade for the generations to come.

We will be adding more trees each year until the tree plantings are complete.....

On a personal note my four year old son, Alexander, made his dad very proud with his digging abilities.....

1 comment:

Dan Collison said...

trees look great!