About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Mayor's Great Yard Award

I will be announcing the Mayor's Great Yard Award in the next few weeks. I am providing a preview in case anyone would like to add helpful comments.

The premise is to show our appreciation for the great work residents are doing. I believe we need to highlight the good of our community even as we are working hard to clean-up troubled properties.

I am approaching area businesses to help provide the money needed for the award. I am currently working with the idea of a $100 1st place, $50 2nd place and $25 third place award. The award would be granted for the months of June, July and August. We would receive nominations and the Park and Recreation Board would determine the winner. I would present the awards at City Council meetings. It is important to note this award would not be paid for from taxpayer money.

If you have any suggestions please let me know. If you would like to contribute as a business with name recognition or as a private citizen please let me know.

1 comment:

Dan Collison said...

tough choice. there is alot of nice yards to pick from. great idea!