About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, September 09, 2005

City Administrator Update

The Isanti City Council will hold a meeting Monday at 5pm. This will start in open session then close to discuss the tentative contract with Don Lorsung. This meeting will then be again opened to the public and press. At this point a vote would occur to accept or reject the contract.

This has been a long and time consuming endeavor. I am however excited to have Don start working for the city. He has tremendous credentials and will be a great improvement for the City of Isanti.

I made my opinion know to Don that I would prefer he live within the City of Isanti. He had stated if he does work for Isanti he also prefers to live in or very close by to the city. The city can not make any employee live within the city borders. Don was however sensitive to this issue. Another level of understanding that will serve him well in our Great City.

No comments: