About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Support

I want to thank everyone who has been showing me tremendous support since the City Council launched their "investigation" of my blog. The e-mails and phone calls continue to flow in. Again thank you to everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so can you tell the people of isanti how much over budget the new city hall is?

George said...

The city hall project in my opinion is several hundred thousand dollars more expensive then first declared. This was to be a $1,000,000 to $1,200,000 project. It has now reached almost $1,600,000. There have been several reworks including repaving the parking lots which has added roughly $50,000 to $60,000 to this project. This was caused by the lack of a site plan review. I am terrible frustrated with this project and the added cost the tax payers of Isanti must pay.

Anonymous said...

Who is responsible for the review of the site plan?

George said...

The building commitee members stated that the former City Administrator did not want a site plan review. This was discussed in the last City Council Meeting. There was debate on just how much this did cost the city. We lost both time and money becasue the parking lots had to be redone. I hope that helps.