About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Don Lorsung agrees to negotiate

Don Lorsung has agreed to start negotiating a contract with the City of Isanti. Mayor Apitz and I will begin negotiating a contract immediately. Don brings tremendous experience from the cities of Baxter, MN and Charles City, Iowa. He has worked in a rapid growth environment and a mature city setting. I stressed the need for communication with staff, council and the community at large. The City of Isanti will be a much better run city if we can come to terms with Don. Don was the unanimous choice of the Isanti City council. Each council Member ranked him number one on our list of interviewed candidates. I hope to have negotiations completed by early next week. I would hope an announcement could be made at the next City Council Meeting September 6th. I will keep you posted.

No comments: