About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Announcement for Mayor of Isanti

I here by announce my candidacy for Mayor of the City of Isanti. The City we know is quickly changing. Land is being acquired in a manner that will double or triple the population of Isanti. Our city needs to make the right decisions today to properly plan for this rapid residential growth and our future.

Our city's infrastructure will quickly be overburdened in the next five years, if we do not take thoughtful, measured, and responsible action today. As Mayor, I will prepare and plan for this growth and ensure we have the tax base to support these changes. While preparing for the future, it is essential to maintain the safety and small-town feel that makes our city great. I have already examined the challenges Isanti faces. The list includes:

Property Taxes & City Fees
Economic Development
Road Construction & Maintenance Costs
Traffic Impact
Sewer & Water Capacity
Police & Fire Protection
City Staff Priorities
Park & Trail Maintenance Cost

We need a clear picture of the impact of Isanti's growth. Whether you plan to live in Isanti the rest of your life or just a few years, we must plan now to control how growth will affect our property values, taxes, and City fees. These are issues for every citizen. Our City will grow tremendously over the next five years. Isanti needs a leader with a plan and ability to implement it. With that in mind, I have laid out an aggressive agenda for 2006. My plan centers around three guiding principles:

Citizen Safety
Economic Reform
Responsible City Government

Now is the time to make a choice for the future of Isanti. I ask for your support in my efforts to lead Isanti. To learn more about my 2006 Agenda, please visit http://www.georgewimmer.com/

Together we must preserve Isanti’s Traditions while planning for the future.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank God you are running.....

Anonymous said...

We need new leadership in the Mayor position. My whole neighborhood supports you.

Anonymous said...

We are with you 100% George!!! Time for the gang of three( especially the mayor) to GO!!!! Come put a sign in my yard anytime. Good luck, everyone I know will be voting for you.

Anonymous said...

Go George Go. Tell me what I can do to help. We want you to get rid of the 3 good ole boys and girl.

Anonymous said...

What can I do to help out. You can put a sign in my lawn. Anything you need let me know.

Anonymous said...

keep fighting for us. I support you.

Anonymous said...

I have lived in Isanti for 23 years. I have been waiting for someone to come along and change the corrupt politics of this town. I have watched you the last year and could not be happier. You let me know what I can do to help.

Anonymous said...

I just emailed you to let you know you have my support and can put a sign in my yard. I will talk to my neighbors and get them to vote for you. Thank you George

Anonymous said...

You have proven you have Isanti's priorities first not your own. I support you.

Anonymous said...

I am way excited for this! :) You are the bomb Wimmer! I have a big yard, we'll save a nice patch of grass just for your sign! :) Take care! ~A neighbor and a fan :)

Anonymous said...

We are all behind you George. You Rock!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Let me know how I can help. I will email you with my phone number. We need you as our Mayor. You are the only one that gets what has to happen in Isanti.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited. What can I do to help???

Anonymous said...

WOW, I am so proud of my little brother, I am just sorry that I live in Washington and can not vote for him. As someone who has known him all his life, you will not find a man with more moral fiber than George. He will make your town better as your mayor and I am glad to see such support. George, it is those like you that keep me serving in the Navy, to keep our freedoms to stand up and make a change. GOD BLESS you and "Illegitimi non carborundum" Pete

Anonymous said...

We talked last night about you running and think it is great.

Anonymous said...

You are going to clean this town up. We are sick and tired of the gang of 3 running everything for their own benefit. I will do everything I can to help you win.

Anonymous said...

I do not want anymore development connected people on the Council. Clean up this City. You have my support.

Anonymous said...

I just got back from vacation. Awesome news that you are running for Mayor. I have been hoping you would run.

Anonymous said...

Very happy to hear that you are running, will do what I can to help! Isanti is changing rapidly, and its time the council does the same!