About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

R1 and R2 Debate

I have been receiving many comments on the R1 and R2 zoning issue. A point has come up that everyone should be aware of. If you are or planning to rent your home in R1 and R2 you need a conditional use permit (CUP) if you take in several boarders or renters. If there are properties currently rented to boarders without a CUP then they are in violation of current City ordinance. This is the obligation of the property owner. I know there are some properties being currently rented with boarders in R1 and R2 and I am not aware of any CUPs.

No comments: