About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

May 16th Council Update

I want to update you on the 3 items I detailed on May 12th.

1. Council compensation was discussed. I stated we are paid more than enough. Council Member Johnson wanted to get paid more because he felt the Council Members are attending more meetings. He bizarrely decided to bring my wife's profession as a Doctor into the debate. I warned him against such out of bound behavior. People may say anything about me, and they have, but my family is off limits.

Then Council Member Larson stated this should be discussed during budget talks. We should not dodge the issue. These Council Members wanted it researched and discussed so we should have made the decision.

There is no good reason to increase Council pay. We are paid above the area average. The ironic part is that Council Member Johnson and Larson were appointed by the Mayor to another committee. I asked if they will want even more money for yet another commitment.

I believe that we as Council Members have a duty to perform our duties regardless of our pay. We should not be looking to increase our pay for every meeting we attend. Our motivation should be to serve.

2. The "weed" field was discussed at Whiskey and Blossom. The varying responsibilities of the different landowners and the City of Isanti was detailed. A plan was discussed to till under the weeds and plant with grass and then enforce the maintenance of this area. I hope this will finally put this issue to rest.

3. Federated had its site plan approved by a 5-0 vote. This project will now move forward. As I have stated many times this is the key to further Main Street Development. The TIF captured from this project will be used to finance further Main Street revitalization.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These people(Gang of 3) are absolutely full of themselves!! They act like they are actually doing things at these meetings that benefit the people in the city!! And now they want more pay?? Just when you think they can't sink any lower they drag your wife into the mix. How pathetic is that?? This cheap shot should be brought to the publics attention beyond your e-mail list George... What was Johnson and Larson's response to your ? about more pay for the other committee?? The "Gang of 3" must go!! Keep Fighting George!!