About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

R1 and R2 Rental Property

I am researching restricting single family homes in R1 and R2 from being turned into rental properties. Current City ordinance allows renters in R1 and R2.

It is my belief that these two residential zones should be owner occupied and not rental properties. Home owners have a strong impetus to maintain their personal property. A home is generally our greatest investment. Its value must be protected.

R3 and R4 allows multi-family dwellings that tend to lead to more rental units. This will provide the necessary homes for those that must or choose to rent.

If R1 and R2 single family homes are to continue to allow renters then nuisance ordinances need to be strongly enforced. Please e-mail me any input you may have on this issue. george.wimmer@genesiswireless.us Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for talking about this. There are 2 houses next to me with renters and the weeds and junk are terrible.

Anonymous said...

Pride and up keep of one's home whether rented or owned is an individual issue.

Part of my career requires me to survey owned properties in the process of placing homeowners insurance and I can show you several owned residences within our fair city that most folks would be afraid to even enter, on top of the weeds and junk that has been collected on the properties.

In my opinion the landlord or owner of the building should be held responsible for the up keep of said property and that the current ordinances should be enforced to that end.