About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Re-election Announcement

We have made great progress in the City of Isanti since January 2007 and I am working hard to continue our success.

But, we must be honest and state the facts. Isanti faces perhaps the toughest two to three years in our history. We did not create the mortgage crisis, high gas prices, looming economic recession, failed developers leaving devastation in their wake and lower City revenues due to unpaid property taxes and utility fees.

We’ve turned a corner as a City, but it can slip away just as fast. I made a promise to do the best with my abilities to lead our City out of the mistakes of the past and into a brighter future. In a short period of time, we have succeeded better than any of us could have hoped. However, there is a lot of work to be done and our job will only be tougher.

The reforms put in place, tremendous commercial growth, along with the changes yet to come all hinge on continuing the plan we developed in January 2007. Signature projects such as Ever Cat Fuels and the newly announced Isanti Retail Meats in our Downtown business district along with fifteen plus new businesses and relocations are highlights of 2007. Other highlights in '07 include budget discipline, property tax cut, first real cut in City spending in modern history, fully funded new water treatment plant, new police lieutenant and patrol officer, dramatic decrease in crime, Long Term Financial Plan, developer fees that actual pay the cost of development, Council rules and procedures, nuisance ordinance reform and so on…

I promise to work each and everyday to make our goals a reality. To learn more about my record and agenda go to www.georgewimmer.com.

I humbly ask for your support this fall for another 2 years as the Mayor of Isanti.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

About time. Give them hell.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for staying in tough times. I like your new website.

Anonymous said...

Not a big surprise but I'm happy you are running again. I voted for you both times before and will again. You do what you say you are going to do. Like the new Isantian by the way, looks great.

Anonymous said...

in a word, excellent

Anonymous said...

run baby run

you're my guy

keep up the fight and win this thing

Anonymous said...

great to hear you are running again. why is it only 2 years? sign me up to help.

Anonymous said...

I can't think of anyone else who could do it any better than you. The city is so much better off.

Anonymous said...

Great

now who is going to help on the council???

get rid of the deadwood and keep get this thing go forward

Anonymous said...

It was great to talk with you at Earth Day. I was really impressed by your leadership on green ideas. Everyone I talk to on my block thinks you are doing awesome as Mayor.

Anonymous said...

great stuff George. You are a leader that fights and keeps his word. you are a shoe in