About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

School District Chair Resigns

The Cambridge/Isanti School District Chair has resigned effective after May 15th. The School Board will select a new Chair and will then interview applicants for the open seat. I hope qualified candidates from Isanti will apply.

There are 7 seats on the School Board and not one is occupied by a City of Isanti resident. Isanti hosts Isanti Primary School, Isanti Intermediate School, School For All Seasons, Isanti Middle School and the Minnesota Center. It is time for our City to have its voice heard in the School Boardroom.

Cambridge Star article

http://northstarmedia.net/star/STARHome/B49618EE-5334-4D9A-A9E5-C5A165C02FB9.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

they should have districts then. we need someone from town on the board. my kids are all gone so someone with kids in the schools should run.

Anonymous said...

How do you find out who is up for election this year. There is very little on their website?

George said...

In the past I had to call the district office to get an answer. There is not the best information I agree.