About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Friday, April 04, 2008

My Spring 2008 Isantian Article

I would like to welcome you to your new Isantian. The City of Isanti has been striving to improve communication with our Citizens and Taxpayers. In this effort we first reformed our City website, http://www.cityofisanti.us/, last fall. The new website not only provides a wealth of information to residents and visitors but has been a boon for economic development. Improved communication at all levels of government is critically important to our success as a City. I wanted to make sure our City quarterly news letter would be a part of this communication renaissance.

The Isantian has always provided good information to our Citizens and Taxpayers but has cost the City too much staff time and equipment wear and tear. City staff would compile, edit and copy the issues using the City Hall’s copy machine. The black and white Isantian would then be mailed out. I wanted to reshape the Isantian into an eye catching news letter since it does not matter how good the information is inside if no one takes the time to open it. The Isantian is now professional published in brilliant color to attract more readers. Now another main goal of mine is to be fiscally disciplined. We were able to accomplish the improved Isantian and save valuable staff time and money by selling advertisements. This allows us to showcase an excellent marriage of lower cost to our Taxpayers and yet provide a superior service.

I have received many questions about our exciting revolutionary technology driven Ever Cat Fuels bio-diesel project. To learn more please go to http://www.cityofisanti.us/ under press releases to view the Ever Cat Fuels Power Point presentation. With state media, the state legislature and Congress now jumping on board I thought it would be a good time to cover a few items. This project was a great nexus of Landmark Bank, Ever Cat Fuels and the City of Isanti. Kevin Johnson of Landmark Bank brought the project to our attention in March of 2007 and is the foundation of Ever Cat Fuel’s interest in our great City. City Staff, Landmark’s staff and I spent hundreds of hours working on making it a reality with numerous trips to the testing and small scale production facility, working with state wide agencies, funding institutions, answering local concerns and guiding the project through City committees and the Council.

Not only will we gain excellent paying jobs but Isanti will be put on the green technology map and will bring in thousands of visitors to the demonstration plant as the technology is replicated throughout the country and beyond. Seeing the technology in production I can confidently say there is no adverse smell or noise and there is no water usage in the process. My space is limited here so I hope if you have any questions you will contact me at george@georgewimmer.com or call me 763-444-7158.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Isantian looks great. Another step in the right direction.