About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Finance Director Update

Our new Finance Director, Kristi Smith, starts work Monday the 27th. Here is the posting I published after she accepted the position. - and for those that always ask when we hire a new employee - She has moved to the City of Isanti.


I am happy to announce that we have an accepted offer for our open City Finance Director Position. The Council will be asked to approve the hire at tonight's meeting. I serve on the Personnel Committee which conducted the search and interviews. The individual has 7 years of auditing Cities and School Districts, is a Certified Public Accountant and is a Certified Fraud Examiner. This last certification was especially important to me. I want to make sure we have a guardian of Isanti's financial resources.

No comments: