About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Finance Director

I am happy to announce that we have an accepted offer for our open City Finance Director Position. The Council will be asked to approve the hire at tonight's meeting. I serve on the Personnel Committee which conducted the search and interviews. 

The individual has 7 years of auditing Cities and School Districts, is a Certified Public Accountant and is a Certified Fraud Examiner. This last certification was especially important to me. I want to make sure we have a guardian of Isanti's financial resources. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Certified Fraud Examiner....This is required with Sue anywhere near our money.

Anonymous said...

It is a disgrace to see the couple businesses that are supporting Sue. If they had an employee that would steal from them they would be fired yet they are ok with it from a public official.

George has to win but it is good knowing there is fraud expert at City Hall if sue wins.