About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Isanti Parkway Railroad Crossing Arms

BNSF will be continuing to work on placing crossing arms on Isanti Parkway near Blue Bird Park. The crossing arm will add needed protection at this rail crossing - we have had a fatal accident here just a few short years ago.

The City was not notified of the work schedule and I am disappointed by this but not surprised as the railroad pretty much does whatever they want since they are federally controlled and local entities like cities or counties have no authority over them.

Our City engineer is working hard to get more information and I will pass it on to you as soon as I get it, especially as it pertains to road closure.

No comments: