About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Towards Zero Death With Congressman Oberstar

Congressman Oberstar
This morning we met to discuss the wonderful success of the Toward Zero Deaths program. Judge Dehn's and many others hard work has resulted in a 65% cut in DUI's from participating establishments and a 43% drop in Isanti County as a total. The Sober Cab program has been a wonderful success and again this is attributed to all those that have worked so hard on this program.
-
Another interesting resource that was discussed is http://www.saferoadmaps.org/. This website gives the visual for our road stats. You are able to view everything from severe and fatal crashes to those establishments that participate in the Sober Cab program. I have been working with the website and the information provided is phenomenal.

No comments: