About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Community Center Reality

The Isanti Community Center brings in $8,000 in revenue but cost the City $20,000 to operate.... is that worth it to the public.... This does not include the $5,000 or so needed for capitol replacement needed each year.... $25,000 for our Community Center.... One of the many topics we will be discussing as a community

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the Lion's pay anything for the use of the building? I thought for a long time when I first moved to the city that the Lion's owned the building.

George said...

The City actually has to pay the Lions to manage and clean the facility..... The Lions make more in this deal then the City does.....

Anonymous said...

I think it would make more sense to sell that building and land.
Use the money to put a building up where the city owns land. Bmx blue bird park area. Parking is there already.How much do u think that building and land are worth?

George said...

not sure on the value but all options should be on the table

Anonymous said...

That is a ridiculous amount of money. Definately NOT worth it.