About Me

My photo
I have served the City of Isanti as Mayor since 2007. We have accomplished great things together and I look forward to building on our success. United, we move forward to a better future. You may contact me at 763-442-8749 or e-mail me at george@georgewimmer.com.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Council Candidate Race

Council Candidate Lundeen has the endorsement of Apitz and Larson - both ran against me for Mayor in past elections and created the fiscal nightmare of subsidized residential development we are currently suffering from. Gathering support from those that ran against our progress is a concern.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sound like to me that for some reason you are trying to favor one person to get on the Council. And I Do Not Believe that that is fair!!!

Anonymous said...

how do you know steve lundeen is getting something in return

George said...

Why is it unfair for me to express my own opinion... that is either sad or funny.... I along with every Taxpayer and Citizen has a vested interested in making sure we get the best candidates possible....

George said...

I did not write that Mr. Lundeen was getting anything in return... my point is that if the people who wish me gone are supporting someone that is a potential issue.... I have significant policy differences and I do not want to see the progress we have made unraveled... the Voters will make their final decision on March 15th.....

Anonymous said...

How can I say this politely? I think you might want to get use to the other side of the coin of 3/2. The city of Isanti is in for a repeat of ghosts past. Nothing is going to happen to benefit the city. We have all seen this movie before.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of which candidate you prefer, Steve appears to be spending more time campaigning thus far. There is no doubt that Mike is an excellent candidate, but in an election that will probably garner no more than 300-400 votes it's all about the candidate that can best get out the vote.

George said...

There is one given.... if you do not work for it you will not win.... Voters need to be respected

Anonymous said...

This is in response to the last posting. Is that individual kidding? There is no way 300-400 voters are going to show up for this election. The fate of our council will be decided by less than 100 people. I hope I am wrong but I don't think I will be. The weather,apathy I don't know for sure, but people need to wake up and get involved with democracy!